Manager, Software Development
Greater Seattle Area, US - Logiciels informatiques
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, an entertainment tablet, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon.
When we announced the Kindle Fire tablets, we also made the Amazon Maps API available to our developer community. The Amazon Maps API makes it easy for developers to integrate mapping functionality into apps that run on the Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX. But we aren’t stopping there, we're continuing to innovate and build new features and services for customers.
Maps and location services play an important part of Amazon’s offerings. As a Development Manager, you will be responsible for the design, develop, test, and deployment of a range of products on mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in building and driving roadmaps for software teams, developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle of a key product sub-system
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- Established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 5 years’ experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architecture and design experience
- Strong track record of building and leading world-class software and operations teams, and delivering compelling customer experiences
- Ability to deep dive with an analytical and metrics-driven mindset
- Experience in large-scale maps, location, and geographic technology
- Development experience on multiple Platforms (J2ME, BREW, Cocoa, Symbian, Google Android, Series 60, Series 40, Windows Mobile, PalmOS, IE, Safari, FireFox) and mobile devices (Apple iPhone, RIM Blackberry, Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony Ericsson)
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology and projects
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
No salary provided
Posted March 10, 2014 at 05:05AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/ObBn1l